|Assoc. Prof.||Kanou, Yukiko|
Main diseases of our current research are autism spectrum disorders including autism, ADHD, Tourette syndrome and childhood Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD). From the viewpoint of development of brain and mind, we are trying to investigate pathogenesis of these diseases by integrating phenomenological, neuropsychological, brain-imaging and genetic studies. We are also applying this integrative approach to treatment research including intervention for autistic children.
- Behavior phenotype, neuropsychological and genetic study of Tourette syndrome and childhood OCD
- Brain-imaging study of autism and ADHD by structural-MRI, functional-MRI and near-infrared spectroscopy
- Genomic and epigenomic analysis of autism
- Development of predictor of pharmacotherapy for ADHD
- Empirical examination of early intervention for autism